Login to participate

Register   Lost ID/password?
The Behold User Forum » Questions and Answers » Topic           prev Prev   Next next

Log File hyperlink - Categorized in: Questions and AnswersQuestions and Answers

3 posts. Started 9 Feb 2012 by brett. Latest reply 10 Feb 2012 by brett. RSS 2.0 feed for this topic RSS
1. Brett (brett)
Australia flag
36 blog comments, 59 forum posts
Posted: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 Permalink

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 you posted:

However, Tamura's review has already led me to think I should reinstitute the logfile that was in versions of Behold up to 2 years ago. It integrates the log and the GEDCOM files together in a window which would allow clicking on an error message and taking you right to the line in question. And that will be one of the next things on my list (after the bug fixes) because having the log file will help to diagnose problems better, such as the ones arising in the early beta.

I am wondering where the 'clicking on an error' bit is, as I do not seem to see it in the latest version?

2. Louis Kessler (lkessler)
Canada flag
287 blog comments, 245 forum posts
Posted: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 Permalink

At the time, the way I hoped to implement this was to integrate both the log file and the GEDCOM file into Behold. It was a nice idea at the time, but I later decided that this was not important functionality needed by Behold. The log file need only be there for the people who were interested and needed to know.

I ended up deciding to just leave the log file as a separate file that you can load with any text viewing program. Those with enough skill to interpret GEDCOMs would have enough skill to easily find the correct line number that is listed in the log file.

3. Brett (brett)
Australia flag
36 blog comments, 59 forum posts
Posted: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 Permalink

Again, thanks Louis.

I had been doing it manually and then noticed this old post last night. It is not a problem as such, but would have made my corrections a little faster.

Leave your Reply

You must login to post your reply.

Login to participate

Register   Lost ID/password?