I tried two different things today to get the “Check for Updates” command to work. I was stymied twice!
First I tried to get my Versionhistory webpage to pass the parameter (which would be the version of Behold you have) to a small ASP script that would simply report if the version number is the current one or not. Unfortunately, using what’s called Server Side Includes, there is no way to pass that parameter to the called routine.
Then I tried using Conditional Server Side Includes right in the Versionhistory page to do the check. Unfortunately, the <--#if and <--#else and <--#endif constructs are not implemented on Microsoft IIS servers.
This is the last thing I wanted to do before issuing my point release. I was hoping to do it today, but this held me back. I’ll either think of a quick way around this in the next day or two, or I’ll leave it for a later release.