Spent the last few days finishing up the ability to merge Tags from (i.e loading) one or more file at once, and to merge Tags into (i.e. save them into) one or more files at once. The loading was relatively straightforward. But the saving was tougher than I expected. When saving, I did not have the external Behold files in memory, so I had to check each Tag as I was writing them to see if they were first in the external file before writing it - otherwise Tags would have been included twice.
In both cases, I had to do in some way indicate the task was complete. The Organize pages do not have a status line, so I couldn’t do it there. I decided on a message box. These can be annoying if used too frequently, but this important operating (saving and retrieving tags), needs to be acknowledged by the program. Also wrote a “plural” routine, so that I could easily write: “0 files”, “1 file”, or “2 files” have been processed.
That finishes off the Saving and Retrieving of Behold files that I first talked about on March 9 and later on March 20. Time to do my full backups, and on to the next thing.