Login to participate

Register   Lost ID/password?
The Behold User Forum » Questions and Answers » Topic           prev Prev   

Behold Update - Categorized in: Questions and AnswersQuestions and Answers

8 posts. Started 8 Oct 2017 by deckie49. Latest reply 30 Aug 2022 by klemens. RSS 2.0 feed for this topic RSS
1. deckie49 (deckie49)
Canada flag
20 blog comments, 3 forum posts
Posted: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 Permalink

Hi Louis,
Could you give us an update on Behold?
Thanks!
Deck

2. Louis Kessler (lkessler)
Canada flag
287 blog comments, 245 forum posts
Posted: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 Permalink

Hi Deck,

Yeah. I have the 1.3 version in development with a few features to finish off plus documentation update prior to release it. That's about a month or two of work.

But I've been kept very busy with some exciting DNA work that I've been doing and I put Behold down a few months ago to finish off a new version of Double Match Triangulator.

And I'm leaving on Thursday for the Great Canadian Genealogy Summit where I'll be giving 3 talks on DNA testing and analysis.

My hope is to release the new version of DMT in November, and then the new version 1.3 of Behold hopefully in January.

That version will finish off the Everything Report to contain everything I want in it. After that will be to add its own database, GEDCOM export, and editing.

Louis

3. deckie49 (deckie49)
Canada flag
Posted: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 Permalink

Thanks Louis! I appreciate it. Hope you enjoy the Summit.

4. Louis Kessler (lkessler)
Canada flag
Posted: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 Permalink

Well, it's now June and I haven't got Version 1.3 out yet. --Sigh-- I've been busy with DMT and I've got new and exciting things coming with it. But Behold is still a priority, and I resolved at New Year's to have Behold Version 1.5 out by the end of the year, so 1.3 will have to come before that.

5. klemens (klemens)
Germany flag
9 blog comments, 9 forum posts
Posted: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 Permalink

Hi Louis,

I'm also one who is patiently waiting for some news about Behold.
The updates on DMT are interesting in theory, but not in reality for me, since I don't want to start with DNA genealogy. So I hope the DMT will reach a level soon where you can let it rest for a while, and take up work on Behold again :-)

Take care,
Klemens

6. Louis Kessler (lkessler)
Canada flag
Posted: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 Permalink

Klemens:

Thanks for the encouragement. The DNA side of things is so exciting that it has just grabbed me, and from Behold's side of things, I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to finish off version 3.0 of DMT and get it out as soon as I can, and then it will be back to finishing version 1.3 of Behold and onward from there.

Behold is holding me up from doing my own genealogy research because I want to use it as my editor, and of course, it is not an editor yet. So yes I do have motivation to finish it off.

Louis

7. deckie49 (deckie49)
United States flag
Posted: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 Permalink

<Behold is holding me up from doing my own genealogy research because I want to use it as my editor, and of course, it is not an editor yet. So yes I do have motivation to finish it off.>

Yes, I relate to that too. Am also waiting for Behold to get to a point where I can use editing. So, I guess that means I also have motivation for you to finish it off!? If that makes any sense! :)

8. klemens (klemens)
Germany flag
9 blog comments, 9 forum posts
Posted: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 Permalink

Leave your Reply

You must login to post your reply.

Login to participate

Register   Lost ID/password?