Login to participate

Register   Lost ID/password?
The Behold User Forum » Topic           prev Prev   Next next

Running Behold on MAC OS X - Categorized in: General DiscussionGeneral Discussion

5 posts. Started 19 Aug 2014 by mjashby. Latest reply 2 Sep 2020 by askmeoffersmadhu. RSS 2.0 feed for this topic RSS
1. mjashby (mjashby)
United Kingdom flag
3 blog comments, 2 forum posts
Posted: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 Permalink

As there seems to have been very little comment/confirmation that Behold can be made to run successfully on Mac OS X I thought I would add my own findings:

1. Installing and running Behold on a Virtual Windows System (Windows 7/8.1 on Parallels and VirtualBox) works flawlessly; and also
2. Installation on a Mac under WINE is a straightforward process and the end product runs just like a 'real' Mac app.

As a WINE installation works perfectly on OS X, which is developed from a Unix/Linux (BSD) base, installation on any of many Linux variants should be equally straightforward. And, of course, VirtualBox is also available for Linux systems so users can install a Virtual Windows system if they want the full experience.

Looking forward to the next Behold update(s) so that I can continue testing (and using).

Mervyn Ashby

2. Louis Kessler (lkessler)
Canada flag
287 blog comments, 245 forum posts
Posted: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 Permalink

Mervyn,

Thank you for the confirmation that Behold will work under Parallels and Virtual Box on a Mac. I'm not sure if anyone has tested that before.

I did know that it ran okay under Wine. Behold has a page at the Wine HQ, and Version 1.0.x has been given a rating of Gold under Wine.

Louis

3. claire (claire)
France flag
0 blog comments, 1 forum post
Posted: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 Permalink

Hello all !

I just wanted you to know that Behold is also running perfectly on Mac OSX Yosemite with the free software "PlayOnMac" (https://www.playonmac.com/) v4.2.6.

++
Claire

4. Louis Kessler (lkessler)
Canada flag
287 blog comments, 245 forum posts
Posted: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 Permalink

Thanks for posting that Claire,

I didn't even know about Playonmac until your post. I'll update the Behold FAQ.

Louis

5. askmeoffersmadhu (askmeoffersmadhu)
India flag
0 blog comments, 1 forum post
Posted: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 Permalink

Thank you for verifying Behold works on a Mac under Parallels and Virtual Package. I'm not sure if anybody tried this before..

Thanks,
Madhu

Leave your Reply

You must login to post your reply.

Login to participate

Register   Lost ID/password?