Login to participate

Register   Lost ID/password?
The Behold User Forum » Questions and Answers » Topic           prev Prev   Next next

Missed target releases - Categorized in: Questions and AnswersQuestions and Answers

2 posts. Started 26 Sep 2013 by qbuster. Latest reply 26 Sep 2013 by lkessler. RSS 2.0 feed for this topic RSS
1. Will Chapman (qbuster)
United Kingdom flag
1 blog comment, 6 forum posts
Posted: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 Permalink

The last release is dated May and I see that we have missed the target date of v1.1 (August 2013) and are getting close to also missing 1.1.1 (September 2013).

Having been a software developer in my time I understand how targets gte missed but with such a long silence without any progress reports I must admit that I am beginning to wonder if Behold will ever be beholded.

You once wrote that you like to be nudged about progress/deadlines - what is the status of the project, is still alive?

Cheers

Will

2. Louis Kessler (lkessler)
Canada flag
287 blog comments, 245 forum posts
Posted: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 Permalink

Will,

Thanks for asking. I'll have to blog something soon. Life has been very busy for me recently with a lot of personal and family stuff going on that has slowed me down (including building a fence). An article I wrote for an Australian genealogy magazine on genealogy software will be published next month, I'm giving a presentation as a 2nd keynote at a small genealogy seminar here in Winnipeg, I'll be presenting at RootsTech in February (Windows Phone for Genealogy), and I've submitted a paper on genealogy standards to FHISO.

If you want to see if I have a heartbeat, follow my Twitter account: louiskessler, where I post often of things I'm involved in on a semi-professional nature.

My release dates are to push me and I don't mind when those interested in Behold notice and tell me. That gives me more push. Behold is my lifetime goal, and I will see it through.

Louis

p.s. Version 1.1's presentation of information within an individual will be quite something. Internally in Behold, it took a long time to figure out how to do it, and there's lots of different things to test.

Leave your Reply

You must login to post your reply.

Login to participate

Register   Lost ID/password?