Leaving something overnight always gets me to clear up in my mind exactly what needs to be done. First, this is a fairly extensive change, so a backup is needed.
So I moved all the Behold file routines to the Organize unit, and started testing. First I lost the filename in Behold’s caption line at the top of the main window. Then I had a problem that the saving routine was called when closing down Behold. This is not good. Have to undo all those changes, go back to my backup, and simply create a SaveBeholdFile routine and put that one routine in the Organize unit where all the Organize info is. There. That worked much better. An OpenBeholdFile routine will have to be put there as well.
Also, I realize that the filename I should display in Behold’s caption line should be the Behold or GEDCOM file name, not the Family names. I’ll change this right after I’ve done the saving and opening.