It doesn’t look like any of these 5 will be easy. But, the Forward/Back keys now appear to be done and (mostly?) working. I say mostly, because I’m sure there are a few bugs still left in some strange cases I have not yet tested. Hopefully, those will come out in the Beta and I’ll squash them all.
I had built a lot of functionality into those forward/back keys over the years of the alpha. But they relied on checkpoints that were in the RichView document. Of course, since I’ve virtualized the document, those checkpoints no longer exist and I’ve had to redo all the coding relating to it.
I spent almost a whole week trying to debug why the menu items weren’t being transferred correctly between the back and forward menus, and that was the toughest task of this process. Other than that, it was just fixing each of 100 details up, one by one.
So now three major things still to reimplement to be able to release the Beta. That means I’ll have to do one a week and have a week to do the pre-release stuff if I want to get it out in November. That’s an ambitious task, but let’s see how it goes.