Google Groups might be a viable alternative to using a Forum software on my site for Behold Genealogy user discussions. There are several good reasons I see:
- Gives you all the features of Google Groups.
- If you already use Google Groups for other newsgroups, it makes it very convenient for you.
- Allows you to get messages via e-mail and post via e-mail.
- Has an RSS feed if you want it.
- Will be indexed and searchable by Google, so others can find out about Behold.
- Very little maintenance required by me.
I got the idea from Firebug, a Firefox addin that uses it quite successfully. See at: http://groups.google.com/group/firebug
So I’d like your opinion. Do you think I should use this for Behold’s User Forum, or should I stick to my own installed Forum software on my Behold website?
So if you want, feel free to go to the Google Group I quickly created at: http://groups.google.com/group/behold-genealogy and let me know what you think.