It’s the wee hours of the morning, about 3 a.m. I managed to get the new version up. I sort of still think of this as Tuesday, since I haven’t gone to bed yet, but it’s an extra day on the 90 day limit if I call it Wednesday.
I redid almost 100 graphics to update the Tutorial in the help file. I don’t know why the Help file expands to over 8 MB. It shouldn’t be that much even with all those graphics, since the last one was less than 2 MB with about the same graphics. Maybe it was switching to the 32 bit help compiler? I don’t know, but figuring that out can be left for later.
Had one glitch when I got it up. When I tested the webupdate, the webupdate worked fine, but the new program that was started had an infinite invalid address error. NOT GOOD! Fortunately, only a half hour of debugging and I found the problem: it was a routine I added in that version to start up idle operations, and it seems that cannot be started until the webupdate was complete. Once I moved it, everything was fine. Rebuild everything, retest, and that’s done.
It’s unbelievable how much I’ve done in the last three months. I hope I can keep this up for another four and finally, finally, FINALLY get the beta version out.
Now to send out the e-mails to send out notification of the new version first to purchasers and then to downloaders, and then I’ll get to my soft comfy pillow for a few hours sleep.