Yet another unexpected idea …
In the Richview forums, someone asked how to do numbered lists. I had completely forgotten that Richview could do this, because it was added after the version I was working with until I upgraded last month. But it struck me that I could use the lists to do the indenting that I’m currently doing with Tables in Richview. Since I’ve already done a lot of visible changes to Behold for this version, this might also be the time to make this change as well. I figure it could look just as nice, and it will get around quite a few gotcha’s that Tables are causing:
- Copy and Paste are problematic with Tables, since selecting certain sets of cells is sometimes not possible.
- Large cells in Tables do not display or print properly. This is something Sergey has been working on for almost 2 years and still hasn’t solved.
- Coding Richview with Tables is more complicated.
- Tables with many generations wide don’t fit on the screen and may also be too wide to print. This is the same problem that Internet Explorer has - it can’t print wide webpages. (Fixed in IE 7 - Yay!)
- Tables can’t be exported or copied and pasted properly to text files.
- Tables take about 10% longer to generate.
In a couple of hours, I got much of the Everything Report working without Tables. It may take a day or two and then I’ll know for sure.