Sorry for the silence again. It’s been a rough month for me. But to be honest, it hasn’t been computer problems that have been slowing me down. Actually it is the redesigning of the data structures that has been killing me. I’ve redone the data structure twice and I’m still not quite there. Each time I thought I got it, I found a major flaw and had to revisit it.
What I’m trying to do is to be able to handle all forward and backwards references in a standard way internally in Behold so that it will be able to handle any GEDCOM construct thrown at it. But theory works differently than practise, and it was only after I implemented the new structure that the flaws showed up.
Now I’m short of time since there’s only a few days left until Version 0.98 expires. So I’ve got to stabilize Behold again so that I can release what I’ve got and you’ll have something to upgrade to. I’ll keep you posted.