Those changes this week were supposed to be relatively easy. As it turns out, there was a fair bit of major surgery involved. I had been moving a lot of code around and trying to keep Behold working the whole while, doing one small step at a time. But when I loaded a fourth test file, it showed off some major problems that took a few days to sort out.
This is necessary because I did not realize that sorting all the references alphabetically would be so important. Only after I saw how a GEDCOM with lots of sources and citations looked did I know it was needed. I couldn’t do this sorting until I created a “title” for each reference to sort by, so that work had to be done first.
The code is all there now. I’ve got to continue to work hard this weekend to add in those last few features and see if I can make all this releasable.