Back on track today. Finish checking to see if adding adding Families from the Name Index works. There are a few problems. Looks like it would be better to rewrite the way the Name Index can apply families. Then I might be able to handle family deletions from the Name Index as well.
Worked on this for a few hours and the code is now much cleaner and it should work with fewer problems. That message I agonized over two days ago is not needed anymore doing it this way. The Apply works quite cleanly and the message would just confuse.
Fix up a few little problems as I test. Then modify some interaction with the Organize Pages. Handle the Apply and Cancel buttons and I’m just about …
Oh oh. System froze. Don’t you just hate when that happens. Reboot. I’m pretty good at saving my work fairly frequently, so I shouldn’t have lost much. Check the dates and times of the last units I was working on and it looks like I didn’t save in 27 minutes. That’s not bad. Most of the last 27 minutes was testing with few changes. Start it up and see what needs to be changed again. The second time around is much quicker when everything’s fresh in my mind. It only took about 5 minutes to redo the work. Save that. Do a bit more testing, and that’s pretty good for today.