If you take a look at my Future Plans page, you’ll see I’ve done quite a bit in the last few days. There are enough fixes and improvements there that I think I’ll release Version 0.98 alpha in the next few days. I’ve been using the my new set of user-supplied sample GEDCOMs and I’ve fixed the major bugs that were reported and a few other that I found. Then I started making everything work and look better.
Of most significance was implementing custom events and custom facts that some programs allow you to produce. Those now work seemlessly as if they are regular tags.
The fun thing I did was hyperlink all the Object filenames, URL websites, and EMAIL addresses. Clicking on any of these will bring the item up in your Object viewer, Browser, or Mail reader. Currently, this is only for items defined specifically in those tags. At some future time, I may apply this to addresses embedded within notes as well. But for now, it works quite well.
I got stuck tonight trying to get the internal tag naming scheme working so that the assigned tag names can be picked up in all cases. I can’t seem to find the exact way to set that up in the code to get it fixed. I guess that will need a night to think about.