I’ve changed my mind about implementing the ordering of events that I talked about on Friday. As I went through more sample GEDCOMs, the problem really wasn’t that bad. It might be a nice option to add maybe in Version 1.3, but for now I’ll just concentrate on finishing off the loose ends.
One of these loose ends is adding another data structure to hold all the names of the top-level GEDCOM structures. Putting all of them into an “undefined structure” group just isn’t adequate. They do need to be in groups of their own. I also need to merge the File Definition logic into the general structure coding, like I did for places. The Submitter and Submission information more logically goes with the File Information, and I’ll see if I can put it there.