Well, this was a bit of a disaster. I tried to use Spd E-Letter to send out e-mails to those of you who have already downloaded Behold to let you know there’s a new version. I wanted to do it yesterday after I uploaded the new version, but Spd E-Letter had a tiny little problem. It couldn’t create a message to send. It gave me an error instead.
I sent an e-mail to the Spd E-Letter developers today, but haven’t heard back from them yet. In the meantime, I found a workaround to allow it to create a message. I set that up and found I had a number of customizations to footers and other parts of various messages, some of which required me to go in and modify the ASP code - not nice at all. But in the end, after too many hours, I got the e-mails out.
Frankly, I’m surprised that I’m finding these problems with this program. It is a mature product now in version 4.0. They get very high ratings from their users, but I find the code poorly written.
Hopefully I’ll get some answers about this from the developers and it won’t give me as much trouble the next time I try to use it. I really don’t want to switch e-mail products now unless I absolutely have to. It would be a big diversion from my Behold development, and I don’t want anything to divert me until I at least get Version 1.0 out.