Next was to set up the program to gather the user information from Plimus. Plimus has the ability to call any http address on the web and pass the parameters of the purchase to it. I created a mailing list for purchasers and set up an Asp program to accept the input and load the list automatically when new purchasers occur. This sort of thing is using all the skills from all my programming experience together. It was difficult getting it working since I had to test drive each purchase and figure out how to read them correctly.
Finishing that, I also wanted to do the same for new users on the Behold Forum. The whole goal here is to be able to contact these people with important information about Behold on an as-needed basis. While trying to find where to do this in my Forum software, I found several things I didn’t like about the signup and spent a few hours modifying that to make it more user friendly.