The company I ultimately selected to handle my registration services was Plimus. I’ve been looking at different services for the last three or four years, and for my purposes, they seem to be best. In particular, they’ll easily handle refunds for me, which was something not all other services would do.
I spent the day today getting familiar with the way Plimus works and setting up my purchase screens for Behold, customized so that they look like they are part of my website. Sorry, but that means they’ve got that aqua colored background as well. :-)
Set up 3 products: A Personal License, A Business Single Computer License, and Additional Business Licenses. Tried to set up a free License for non-profit organizations, but it didn’t process correctly when the price was zero. I’ve got a support question into Plimus about how to set that up.
After I set it up, I searched the Plimus store to see if I could easily find my products. I searched for “genealogy” and “family tree” and … whoops, they didn’t show up. Looking back at my main description (see my “elevator statement” from yesterday) I see I used “Genealogists” and “family information”. So in order to make the search tools happy, I decided it best to change those to “genealogy” and “family tree information”. Sometimes, there are little considerations like these that you just can’t think of in advance.