Finally, I’m making some headway again. I spent a lot of time in the last week trying to get past the stumbling block that I left for myself way back on May 27. I was stuck with getting Auto Organize, Surname Organize, Instant Organize and Reorganize all working correctly together with the EE and RM buttons and the Apply/Cancel buttons of the Organize form. I made several stabs at it this week and finally decided that it seems to work fairly logically the way it is, but I have to go through the many possible permutations of testing these to ensure that they are all working and interacting properly.
Part of this involves ensuring that correct settings are saving to either the Behold file, the memory stream (for cancelling), or the registry (for the default settings at the next start of the program). Ultimately, I’ll have to make an option page for the default settings desired for AO, SO and IO, but that can wait.
The last few days have allowed me to get the settings working for GEDCOM input. There is one little glitch with the Instant Organize button that I’ll have to work out: It is activated when the first person is selected, but quickly deactivates (before doing the organize) and then reactivates (when putting that person into the Instant Organize history). This is such a minor thing, but it bugs me. I looked at it for an hour already, and the first two attempts were not the correct fix so I backed out. I’ll swat it next chance I get.
… which reminds me of the tiny fruit-fly-like insects that have been invading our kitchen and bathrooms. We have swatted maybe four dozen in the last week. We don’t know if we got them from some apples, if they’re coming in from the drain pipes, or if we’re bringing them in from outside. Warm October weather does not come without a cost.