The GEDCOMs in the log files was an essential piece. Without it, the files wouldn’t load. The GEDCOM structure was no longer there to hold the GEDCOM files so I needed a new place for them. Unfortunately, the GEDCOM log pages structure is not extendable and there is no place for the pointers to the files. I tried using the tags that are in the log pages structure, but that was a couple of hours of trouble. In the end, a simple list of GEDCOM log page pointers did the trick. But the end was 4 hours later.
Isn’t that always the way. The last 10% of what you have to do always seems to take 50% of the time.
In any case, I’m just about done that data structure conversion after only a few days. It was a painful few days, but it is worth it since it will prevent many future complications. The GEDCOM and Family structures now will only need to be updated in one place.
Now some testing is in order, and sure enough, there are a few little bugs introduced. They look fairly straightforward. A few were easy to find so I got them right away. Some will be left over for tomorrow to fix when I do a bit more rigorous testing.